It was my first week back to work. It was hard. But I survived. Melissa and Norah took me to lunch on Monday.
On Tuesday, I met Melissa and Norah for Melissa's doctor's appointment in the afternoon.
On Wednesday, I had to go the WHOLE day without seeing either of them.
On Thursday, I finished work early and came home to hang out.
And on Friday, again I had to go the whole day without a Norah fix.
So when I came home, we promptly reported to the napping bed.
And we napped.
I missed her a lot this week. I was glad that Melissa was with her as she had a difficult week with her digestive tract.
And now today, I am getting ready for another week.
I dread it.
It's hard to transition to working life.
6 comments:
Lunch breaks: yeah!
Long work days: boo!
Coming home early: yeah!
Days without Norah fixes: boo!
Napping beds: yeah!
Problematic digestive tract: boo!
Melissa's TLC: yeah!
Dread: boo!
Blogging: yeah!
Missing you: boo!
Seeing you soon: yeah!
We are searching for an opportunity where someone will pay us handsomely to all stay home and nurture our family. Any ideas?
Dear Lisa,
Life is hard, Darlin', but not always.
I love you.
Daddy
Can I just say, this is the most beautiful picture of you two? It's like looking at a little slice of heaven. I'm sorry this week was rough. It does get easier. A little.
I know how you feel. My first day back, I had a panic attack on my way to the office.
"We are searching for an opportunity where someone will pay us handsomely to all stay home and nurture our family. Any ideas?"
Well, there's always the Lottery....
and then you might find a reality TV show to be featured in, but then remember what happened to Jon and Kate Plus Eight!!!
The beautiful blessing you have is the boundless love and support from your families; that won't pay the bills, but it will always nurture your little family. Keep up the good work, m'dears! You are awesome!
Post a Comment