Fortunately for you, I don't have any pictures to post. I can't imagine what we could have taken a picture of. I guess mountains of vomit-soaked laundry?
Friday morning at 2am, Mel and I woke up to Norah's crying, something which is unusual for us, fortunately. We found her in a sea of vomit in her crib. In the 15 minutes it took us to wrap our sleepy brains around what was going on, she threw up 2 more times. Wow--this is the absolute worst thing, watching your baby throw up. I think we both thought it must be an isolated event, so we changed her clothes and brought her to bed with us. Where she promptly threw up four more times before 4 am. We finally got the hang of it, wet washcloth, dry towel, bowl to catch the vomit, lots of loving.
Norah and Mel went to a previously scheduled doctor's visit on Friday morning and Norah and I spent the rest of the day at home, nursing her poor little self. And then Saturday morning, the stomach flu found me while Melissa was working on her practicum. SO Melissa came home to rescue Norah from having to hang out with me at the toilet all day.
And then the stomach virus found Melissa on Saturday night.
Norah also revisited the stomach virus on Saturday night.
Taking care of a sick baby is super hard, especially for the first time I guess. But taking care of a sick baby while you're both is sick is super super super hard, especially for the first time.
Thank goodness, Aunt Lyndsae, Uncle Brian and Cousin Liv rescued Norah on Sunday morning. She was able to feel better at their house, crawling all over the place and back to a semi-normal baby life and we were able to sleep and sleep and sleep.
And now it's Monday morning and we're mostly all better.
Three girls can get a stomach virus all at the same time and get better all in one weekend.
Let's hope that three girls didn't pass that stomach virus on to Aunt Lyndsae, Uncle Brian and Cousin Liv . . .
1 comment:
There has been more vomiting....but the worst seems to be behind us.
Post a Comment